Terms & Conditions
Customer Account Setup
If you choose to create an account, you will receive an email containing your temporary password. You can then login to update your password, other account information, or check on the status of your order. Please call or email email@example.com with any questions or problems involving your account.
Shipments and delivery
- Selby Store Fixtures will choose the best way to ship your order.
- All posted shipping charges and delivery dates are estimates.
- If you need a shipping quote for Next Day Air please contact us at 888-411-1749.
- Customers are responsible for storage and handling charges for any delayed shipments on account of the customer.
Your responsibilities at the time of delivery
INSPECTION AT TIME OF DELIVERY AND ACCEPTANCE (VERY IMPORTANT!)
- At the time of delivery, please thoroughly inspect for damage. Be sure to open the packaging to look for concealed damage. In the event that your freight shipment arrives with damage, make sure to make note of this on the delivery paperwork before you sign for it and document with photos. If the driver will not wait for you to inspect the shipment, please make note of this as well. This will help us to expedite our claims process.
- All damage must be reported to us within 24 hours. We will pass along whatever settlement the carrier offers. Concealed damage not reported within 24 hours may not be covered.
- If you have any questions about the condition of the shipment, feel free to call customer service before you sign the driver’s paperwork.
- PLEASE KEEP ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING. Only if an item looks destroyed should you refuse it, while still notating “refused due to damage.” Please document it on the freight bill and call If the damage is not noted on the bill of lading, then damage will be considered “concealed damage.” Concealed damage must be reported within 24 hours.
- EXTRA CHARGES: The consignee must approve any and all extra freight charges prior to shipping. The driver cannot authorize any additional charges such as inside delivery or lift gate. If additional services are required at time of delivery, it will delay your shipment and possibly require additional fees. The driver cannot change delivery instructions without calling his company and thus, the freight company must call the shipper. These changes cannot be done at the time of delivery. Selby Store Fixtures maintains special relations with our preferred carriers. Selby Store Fixtures can only provide billing documentation for resolution of claims. Failure to complete the attached delivery requirement form will delay your shipment. Please make sure you understand the policies described. By accepting our terms and conditions, the customer is liable for all freight and subsequent freight charges incurred and will be billed accordingly. We appreciate your cooperation.
LTL FREIGHT DELIVERS & TRUCK FREIGHT POLICIES
If your order contains oversized items or is large enough to ship via freight, we will contact you. The freight total displayed at checkout is an estimate for a dock-to-dock delivery at a commercial address. If a revised quote is required for your delivery, your order will not be processed until we receive your approval.
Selby Store Fixtures will find you the most reasonable method of shipping. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates, based on factors in existence at the time such estimates are made.
There are a few things to know about shipping with a freight carrier:
- Freight carriers deliver to the closest point of the customer’s address. A standard freight quote does not include the driver bringing the items inside the customer’s door.
- Customers must advise Selby Store Fixtures regarding any special delivery arrangements required.
- Shipping quotes are obtained first for customer’s approval and once truck forms are completed and returned to Selby Store Fixtures, the order can take 1 to 3 days to ship.
- Common carrier trucks typically require dock high delivery points or are to curbside. Please advise customer service if the following apply: residential delivery, lift gate required, inside delivery, special elevator restrictions, appointments for delivery scheduling, more than one person to unload, or any other circumstances that might affect your delivery.
- Truck deliveries cannot be guaranteed for a specific date, but Selby Store Fixtures will do all that we can to assist you in arranging your delivery.
- Please count and inspect all packages at time of delivery and note any damage or shortages on bill of lading at time of receipt in order to preserve your right to file a claim with the freight company. If the driver will not wait for you to inspect your shipment, on their bill of lading, please write, “Driver would allow sufficient time for inspection.”
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY SERVICES:
- Dock to dock:
- Our website will estimate the base rate for your order, which will be to a commercial address in your zip code with a truck high loading dock. The driver will neither breakdown the pallet nor move it more than a couple of feet after removing it from the truck. A customer service representative will contact you to go over your freight options if you need additional services at the time of delivery.
Lift gate service:
- If you’re receiving location does not have a truck high loading dock, the truck driver will not bring the pallet to the ground without selecting this service. You may be able to use a forklift to avoid the additional lift gate fee. If you are purchasing slatwall, please be aware that slatwall is too large for the liftgate and you will need take each panel off piece by piece. If the items are too heavy or are packed in a manner requiring the items be brought to ground level, then a lift gate will be required. A customer service representative will contact you with options for this service.
- Inside delivery:
- The truck driver is not responsible for breaking down your pallet or bringing it inside. You will need to select this option if you require the driver’s assistance. A customer service representative will contact you to determine the best options for your delivery.
- Other possible fees:
- Residential deliveries: is a shipment that is delivered to a residence, church or business located in a residential area and an additional charge will apply.
- Redelivery fee if you are not available at the time of delivery
- Limited access location such as a church, school, country club, rural location, or a construction site
- A Delivery Appointment: It is not standard for a truck to call prior to a delivery and therefore if you need a delivery appointment, the carriers charge an additional fee.
- TO AVOID EXTRA DELIVERY CHARGES: Have two strong people readily available to unload your shipment when the truck arrives. If a customer prefers to unload the shipment themselves, the standard freight quote may allow the customer to take the items off the back of the trailer.
Please ask us about your location if you are not sure. To avoid additional fees, please describe your delivery situation when our customer service representative contacts you.
This Statement of “LTL Truck Deliveries & Freight Policies” is to inform customers of major trucking company policies that were developed to protect the customer, shipper and freight carriers. Any problems regarding damages can easily be resolved if these rules are followed. In order for Selby Store Fixtures to ship your merchandise via freight, we require that you have read and accept these policies. Any delay in its return will cause delay of the shipment. Please call or email us if you have any questions.
Cancellations or Returns
- Return of stocked items can be made anytime. Items that have been discontinued may not be returned after 30 days of purchase. Special ordered or custom items may not be returned. All returns must be in its original packaging, and in brand new condition
- All returns must have a return order number from customer service either by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The customer is responsible for shipping costs on return or canceled shipments.You can use the carrier of your choice. All returns must have a tracking number and reference the return order number. Selby Store Fixtures is not responsible for the loss of any return that cannot be tracked.
- Items must be in brand new resalable condition, in original packaging.
- We will refund the cost of the merchandise, not including any shipping or packing charges
- Refunds will only be made to the same credit card or form of payment that was used on the original invoice.
- Special ordered non-stock items cannot be canceled once the order has been placed.
- Orders cannot be cancelled once they have shipped.
- Customers will be responsible for all shipping charges if they decided to refuse delivery.
- Be sure to properly pack the return, click here to see general packing guidelines from FedEx.
Damages and Risk of Loss
All risk of loss or damage and all incidents of title and ownership will pass to the customer when Selby Store Fixtures’ delivery of the goods to the carrier (f.o.b. point of origin of shipment) even though Selby Store Fixtures may have selected the carrier. In no event will Selby Store Fixtures be liable for any loss or damage, including but not limited to lost profits or incidental or consequential damages that result after Selby Store Fixtures delivers the goods. For any such loss or damage, Selby Store Fixtures will have no responsibility whatsoever and the customer will be responsible for initiating and processing all claims directly with the carrier.
All goods sold are subject to inspection by the customer promptly upon the customer’s receipt and, unless Selby Store Fixtures is advised in writing to the contrary, such goods will be deemed as accepted and conforming with the requirements of this instrument and free from all discoverable defects. If the customer finds the goods to be non-conforming, the customer must promptly advise Selby Store Fixtures in writing, specifying all claimed defects or non-conformities and the customer will give Selby Store Fixtures an opportunity to investigate.
Prices do not include special handling, shipping or freight all of which are the sole responsibility of the customer. The prices stated on SelbyStoreFixtures.com hereof are subject to adjustment to Selby Store Fixtures schedule of prices in effect at the time of each shipment.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Design and other changes
Selby Store Fixtures reserves the right to alter or modify the design and/or construction of any product without notice and without incurring any obligation to furnish or install such alterations, changes or modifications on goods previously or subsequently sold.
Use of SelbyStoreFixtures.com
Your access and use of SelbyStoreFixtures.com is also subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. By accessing and browsing SelbyStoreFixtures.com, you accept and agree to follow, without limitation or qualification, our terms and conditions. We may modify these terms and conditions at any time without notification.
The content of Selby Store Fixtures may not be modified, copied, reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, published, reused, and reposted for public or commercial purposes without our prior written permission. The customer/user of SelbyStoreFixtures.com will assumes that everything on SelbyStoreFixtures.com is copyrighted unless otherwise noted.
These materials include, but are not limited to, all text, data, designs, photographs, images, audio and video. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on Selby Store Fixtures will not infringe rights of third parties. The customer acknowledges and agrees that we and/or third-party providers remain the owners of such materials, and that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading materials.
Although we have taken reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on SelbyStoreFixtures.com, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of Selby Store Fixtures.
Browsing SelbyStoreFixtures.com (including links to any other off-site pages or other web sites) is entirely at your own risk. Neither we nor any other parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering SelbyStoreFixtures.com are liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your access to, or use of, SelbyStoreFixtures.com. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on SelbyStoreFixtures.com is provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You also specifically acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other persons and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely and completely with you. We also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of or in connection with your access to, use of, or browsing SelbyStoreFixtures.com or your downloading of any materials, text, data, images, audio or video from SelbyStoreFixtures.com.
Any communication or material you transmit to Selby Store Fixtures will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Any material you submit is insecure, may be observed by a third party in transit and may be used by us or any other persons for any purpose. This includes but is not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to Selby Store Fixtures for any purposes whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
Images displayed on Selby Store Fixtures are either the property of, or used with permission, by Selby Store Fixtures. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions or specific permission provided by Selby Store Fixtures. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications laws and regulations. The trademarks, logos, service marks and all other proprietary marks and symbols (collectively the “trademarks”) displayed on SelbyStoreFixtures.com are registered and unregistered trademarks. Nothing contained on SelbyStoreFixtures.com should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on SelbyStoreFixtures.com without our written permission or the written permission of the third party that may own the trademarks displayed on SelbyStoreFixtures.com. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed on SelbyStoreFixtures.com, or any other content on SelbyStoreFixtures.com, except as provided in these terms and conditions, is strictly prohibited.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing we to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
We may at any time revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current terms and conditions to which you are bound.
The customer hereby grants Selby Store Fixtures a lien and a purchase money security interest in all the products purchased hereunder, as well as all additions and accessories attached to such goods and all proceeds therefrom, as security for any balance owing with respect to such purchase. Upon Selby Store Fixtures’ request, the customer will promptly execute and deliver to Selby Store Fixtures a financing statement and any additional documents to evidence said lien or security interest.
Selby Store Fixtures warrants that all of the manufactured products are free from defects in material and workmanship. Selby Store Fixtures has inspected in a reasonable manner all products used on SelbyStoreFixtures.com. The foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. Including but not limited to the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. The foregoing warranties are void if the goods have not been used, cared for and maintained in accordance with Selby Store Fixtures’ written instructions accompanying the goods or if the goods have been otherwise unreasonably used, neglected, mishandled, or improperly serviced or Stored or if the goods have been damaged by accident or other casualty. No employee or representative of Selby Store Fixtures has authority to bind Selby Store Fixtures to any representation, promise or warranty concerning the goods. Unless a representation, promise or warranty is set forth in this instrument it is not enforceable by the customer. The customer’s sole and exclusive remedy against Selby Store Fixtures for breach of any warranty will be for the repair or replacement at Selby Store Fixtures’ option, upon the customer’s return at the customer’s cost, to Selby Store Fixtures of the goods. No other remedy, including but not limited to compensation for property damage, lost profits, lost sales, or incidental or consequential damages, will be available to the customer. Obtaining the prior return authorization and shipping instructions of Selby Store Fixtures and returning the defective goods in accordance with Selby Store Fixtures’ policies then in effect must make claims under the foregoing warranties. This paragraph constitutes the complete and final expression of any and all warranty agreements between Selby Store Fixtures and the customer notwithstanding any usage of trade, course of dealing or documents sent to Selby Store Fixtures by the customer.
If Selby Store Fixtures manufactures or modifies any goods in accordance with the customer’s requests, plans or specifications, the customer will indemnify and hold Selby Store Fixtures, its agents, officers and employees, harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, claims, causes of action, penalties and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and court costs, imposed on, incurred by or asserted against Selby Store Fixtures, its agents, officers or employees, on account of bodily injury or death or property damage or destruction or on account of infringement of any patent, design, copyright, trade name or trademark, existing or hereafter issued, directly or indirectly arising out of such requests, plans or specifications or out of any alleged breach by Selby Store Fixtures of any implied or express warranty (except for the limited warranties specifically set forth in this instrument). The provisions of this paragraph are expressly made for the benefit of Selby Store Fixtures, its agents, officers and employees and its successors and assigns, and will continue in full force and effect not withstanding the termination of this instrument.
The waiver by Selby Store Fixtures of any term or condition of this instrument will not be construed to be a waiver of any other term or condition hereof, nor will such waiver of a subsequent breach of the same term or condition, nor will it be deemed a waiver of any term or condition in any subsequent instrument. Severability in the event any provision of this instrument is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this instrument will be valid and enforceable.
This instrument confirms the sole and entire agreement between Selby Store Fixtures and the customer and none of the terms and conditions contained herein may be added to, deleted, modified or altered except by a written instrument signed by Selby Store Fixtures and the customer. There are no oral understandings, representations or agreements relative to the subject matter of this instrument, which are not fully expressed in this instrument.
The laws of the state of California will govern the validity, interpretation, and enforcement of this instrument. The sole, exclusive and proper venue for any proceedings brought to interpret or enforce this instrument or to obtain a declaration of the rights of the parties hereunder will be Los Angeles County, California.
In the event that any suit in law or equity, arbitration or the formal proceeding is instituted by any party or interpret any part of this instrument, or to recover damages for breach thereof, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs of suit, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred. If any collection procedure does not culminate in the commencement of any suit, arbitration or other formal proceedings, Selby Store Fixtures will be entitled to recover from the customer, all costs, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, incurred by Selby Store Fixtures in connection with such collection procedure.